Treating soft skin growths is one of the most challenging things that you can think of. People are usually afraid and do not know the available medical procedures that are used to treat this problem. Freezing warts is one of the surgical procedures that you can find being done on many cosmetic clinics. The procedure is called cryosurgery in medical terms and is one of the best ways to get rid of warts without feeling pain or fear.
This method is one of the safest and doesn’t require tearing of your skin and it doesn’t have any side effect. When this treatment is used liquid nitrogen is used to freeze tag and thereby killing all the cells in it. This will kill the growth eventually where it cannot grow any further and will disappear on its own.
Freezing warts- is there an alternative other than this
Apart from freezing a wart there are other methods that are used to treat this condition. This is just one of the various surgical procedures that are used to get rid of this problem. Other methods include:
- Electrocautery – this is a surgical method that involves burning warts with the use of electric current being passed over a wire. The hot wire is then passed over the area where is covered by the warts.
- Excision is another medical procedure that is available apart from freezing off warts. This technique involves cutting off the wart with a sharp object such as razorblade or scalpel. It is terrifying and not recommended for kids as they are afraid of seeing their body cut and blood flowing.
- Laser treatment is also another common method which is used to get rid of warts. This procedure involves use of laser light rays that are used to kill the cells of the warts. This is also another painless method of treatment that is available although it is more costly as compared to other forms of treatment.
- There are interferon injections which are used to treat warts especially where the condition is serious. This way the medicine will be used to kill the cells and this is done where it is risky to use other form or surgical procedure. Among the area where this treatment is advisable include where warts have grown in the genital or even in the throat. This is a little more different with freezing warts.
Those are other ways that you will find apart from to freeze off warts. The methods are available in clinics and you can ask a professional to advise you on the best alternative for you.
When selecting a procedure here are few things in my mind
- The first thing you need to ask yourself is does freezing warts hurt? The answer is no but there are other procedures that are not painful as well.
- It is also important to know the kind of wart that you have. Some procedures are better depending on the area to be treated than wart removal freeze method.
- Age is also important as kids will need a less painful procedure than adult.