When you have a bump under tongue you can feel so uncomfortable and it might be painful as well. There are various reason why you can develop white bump under tongue that will make your mouth very uncomfortable. Some of these pimples will be painful while others may not be depending on the causes of the swelling on your tongue. There are several factors that contribute to this problem and it’s important that you get to know them so you can be in a best position of knowing what to do next in case you encounter this problem.
Causes of bump under the tongue
When you are trying to find a way of how to get rid of bumps on tongue it is crucial that you know the cause of it. This way you can be able to use a treatment method that will not only work but will not lead to tongue removal. If you start treating a cancer ailment just like a wart on tongue then you can expect that the treatment will fail at some point and when the issue will be discovered it will be too late to address.
- Among the white tongue causes are allergies that form the largest percentage in many people. When taking some medications or certain types of meals you might develop an allergic reaction leading to small bump under tongue.
- Sexually transmitted diseases can also be another course of these kind of swelling. Warts or herpes can be acquired by people engaging in oral sex with infected partners.
- Cancer can also start manifesting as a small swelling on the tongue and therefore require to be investigated to know the actual reason for this problem.
- There are some fungal infections that lead to growth of white swellings on the tongue one of the best example is the oral candidiasis which is also painful.
- Sometime a poor mouth hygiene can also be a cause of small bump on tip of tongue.
Those are the main reasons why you can experience this problem and there are other more. The most important thing is to make sure that you get to know the real cause of the pimples under your tongue for proper treatment.
How you can prevent as well as treat pimples on the tongue
- One way of preventing swellings on the tongue is avoid eating food that you know you are allergic to. For those people are allergic to certain medicine always make sure that you let your doctor know the kind of drugs that you are allergic to. By doing this your doctor can look for substitute medicine that you can use for your medication.
- Always ensure that you brush your mouth daily and you use quality toothpaste that can kill all the germs in the mouth. You can use also Oralbase medication if you have serious bumps.
- Do not try popping a pimple as it may lead to spread fast.